Meet Glen – Fernie Works Alumni Member
Glen is a testament to the positive influence the experience of Fernie Youth can have on a young person’s life.
Glen’s Major Accomplishments
Major Milestones: Maintains Self-Sufficiency
- Maintains his own place of residency
- Acquired his apprenticeship license and working towards becoming a licensed mechanic
- Throughout the past year, Glen works at an auto mechanic shop as an apprentice
- Acquired Fork Lift License
- Acquired employment skills through Fernie Youth Lawn Care & Maintenance Program
- Received the 2015 Paul Cornish Award
- Acquired his Driver’s License
- Completed Certifications: Ontario Health & Safety and Accessibility Ontario Disability Act
- Improved social functioning
- Established and maintains strong healthy adult relationships
- Currently has a high level of confidence
- Developed leadership skills: presented at Fernie Youth Board of Director Meetings and Annual General Meetings
- Accepts and seeks support when required (huge milestone for Glen)
- Graduated from the Fernie Works Program
Show Your Support For Fernie Youth Services
If you like what we do, consider encouraging Fernie Youth Services with a like on Facebook.
Success Stories need your participation
It’s been said that it takes a village to raise a child, sponsoring just one youth creates a ripple of generosity that can improve hundreds of lives.